Sunday, July 29, 2007

Don Moen @ the Big Dome

It was more or less 10 years ago when I first watched Don Moen's live concert here in Manila. But way back then, I could only afford an upper box ticket, and from where I was seated, I can hardly see his face and his band so I just suited myself looking at the big screen. But what is important for me is that I belonged to the thousands of people led by Don Moen in singing praise and worship songs. I am really blessed with the concert that night and before I left the venue, I told myself that the next time I will be watching another Don Moen concert, I will be sitting in the front row.

To those who doesn't heard of him yet, Don Moen is an American songwriter, singer, musician and producer of Christian worship music. He is an international worship leader powerfully leading people in experiencing the presence of the Lord and taking them into a journey towards a deeper level of faith with God. He has traveled almost everywhere and has led some of the biggest and most successful Spirit-filled worship concerts in the world. Eversince I started my ministry in our church as a keyboardist (1997), his songs has always been my favorites. I was even tagged as Don Moen of our church. =) His glorifying music and inspirational words of faith have touched my life in so many ways. Among his popular songs are God will make a way, Give Thanks, Thank You Lord and many more.

It was Thursday (July 12) when I heard from a friend that Don Moen will be having a concert at the big dome on the 28th of July. This is the chance that I have always been waiting for. Immediately, I tried to make a reservation online, but it seems there was a problem on their webpage. So instead, I went to nearest SM ticketnet to buy tickets. I was able to purchase 2 patron seats tickets but I guess I was already quite a bit late as the nearest row available was Row Q (17th row). But its OK. There are two timeslots, one at 4pm and another at 8am. Since Anne and I have other plans and activities to attend to on that day, I go for 8pm. Good thing I decided to get the 8pm timeslot because the week after (July 20), our manager requested us to work on Saturday (July 28). God is so good!

July 28. I woke up early so I can go to work early as I'm planning to leave the office around 2pm because Anne is inviting me to go the wedding congress at SM Megamall where she will meet her w@wies friends there. We stayed at SM Megamall until 6:45pm. It was raining heavily when we left and as expected, heavy rains = heavy traffic. I thought we will not make it at 8pm but still, God is good, we reached the venue 7:55pm. We still have 5 mins to park our car.

We are really blessed that night as we felt God's presence in every songs we sang. And with the title of the concert, all we can say is nothing but 3 words ~ "Thank You Lord!".


"..When you pray every prayer that you know how to pray, just remember the Lord will hear and the answer is on its way.."
- Don Moen -



Here's a part of the song God is Good, one of my all time favorites.

Video by Anne.

No comments: