Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wedding Update: Fabric and License

There's only five more months to go till our most awaited day to arrive. We've been pretty relaxed for the past few months where our preps concentrated in search for an event stylist. I haven't received the final quotation from Sunday yet, but I'm in constant communication with him so basically, he will be our stylist. We may have five months, but since I'd like to finish most of the preparations by November, we are left with just four months!!! I want to spend December for relaxations for it will surely be full of happenings and parties!!

Today, we accomplished another item in our to do list, that is, to buy fabric for our entourage. We took a leave from work and head for Divisoria in the morning. For the flowers girls, we bought an original Two-tone Shantung for I want our flower girls to have bright colors. For the secondary sponsors, we opted to buy a Two-tone Taffeta Silk more commonly know as Taffy Silk in the shade of orange. I liked this fabric so much that I myself would want to have a dress made out of it.

To maximize our leave, we also applied for a marriage license in the afternoon. From Divisoria, we went directly to my town's municipal hall with just our birth certificate on hand. When we got there, we saw several notices posted on the window. Among the notices posted, I got scared with just one post. It more or so says, "All marriage license applicants must strictly follow the dress code, NO SHORTS, NO SANDOS, NO SLIPPERS". We came directly from Divisoria, what do you expect we are wearing?? Hahaha! Good thing they didn't mind. We still have to attend a Family Planning Seminar which is held every Tuesdays and Thursdays. We'll probably attend it on the day we claim the actual marriage license after 10 days.

We are once again in the mood for wedding preparations. This coming weekend, we'll attend the Wedding Congress to book a ring suppliers and scout for string quartets. Next month, we'll focus on the gowns of our entourage. Little by little I'm positive we will be able to meet our November deadline.

No comments: