Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wedding Update: Sunday of KaBlooms

Last night, we went home feeling triumphant! We met Sunday Cabagay of KaBlooms to discuss his works and our requirements for our wedding. He was the last florist/stylist we’ll meet before we make a decision who to book. At first, we just plan to avail of his services for the styling of the venue. But since we’re already there, might as well see how much he would charge us for the whole entourage. I just thought though his price may be higher than the florists in Dangwa, the amount is enough to compensate our effort to drive to Dangwa.

We arrived on the exact time at our rendezvous. He was a few minutes late but it’s acceptable. I’m just glad he didn’t cancel on us like I’ve read in w@w archives when he cancelled 15 minutes after the proposed time. JayR for sure will be furious if that happened. Honestly, I’m expecting a gay stylist to arrive. Can you blame me? He was the first guy I met with a very gay name. No offense Sunday! JayR on the other hand is expecting a girl stylist. It’s my fault. I did not give him much information about Sunday except the link to his works. We made introductions and went on with the meeting. He possesses a lot of good qualities of a good stylist. He’s working as an event stylist full time which I thought is his part time job only. He’s a graduate of Landscape Architecture from UP (biased hehe..). He accepts only one styling project per day. After hearing those words, we knew that we are talking with the right person.

The meeting was very light and fun. We first discussed the flowers for the entourage. I love flowers but I admit I have no knowledge of some sort about them. I just told him the shades of color that I wanted to have. He would then name and suggest some flowers. If I seem unsure of what his suggested flower looks like, he would try to look for actual pictures in his archive or his “book of inspirations” of flowers as he called it. He also showed me some of his works on his w@wies clients. We then proceeded with the discussion on the venue. He asked for a theme. We have no particular theme but I just want everything to blend together, from the center pieces to the couple’s table, and to other areas of the ballroom. According to him, currently his inspiration for centerpieces arrangements are those that guests can take home. Some tables will each have 3 small centerpieces combined together while others will have single arrangements. As for the couple table, we wanted to have an arch with little flowers on them. I already sent him a picture of a similar setup. He also uses mood lights to enhance the couple’s table. The lights are at no extra charge, and are already included in his package. He’d do an Olympic drapes all throughout the ballroom. I told him that MSC have materials for drapes that he could use for free. However, he insists that he would use his materials. I did not argue for I’m sure he knows what’s best for us. During the meeting, I can already visualize the look of our ballroom. Hence, he achieved our objective!

Now comes the scary part. The moment he announces how much our package will be. Frankly, I kept my breath for a moment before he blurted it out. When he finally did, I was surprised how his quotation fits our budget. He only gave us a rough estimate of the total cost. He’ll email us the actual quotation by next week. He will also create a concept board of the venue once we confirmed to book him. Aside from that, he’ll do a mock up of the centerpieces he’ll use. I am now 98% sure to get him as our stylist. The other 2% will add up after we received his final quotation.

I’m sure he’ll be one of our favorite suppliers!

God bless everyone!

2 comments:

~currant7 said...

that's great!
glad to hear that this went well. :) I know...for events styling - how can they charge us so much?!? B/ they always find a way to. :P

Anne n Jayr said...

Thanks sis! great find talaga si Sunday!