Thursday, January 3, 2008

Confirmation and More Bridal Showers

This post is long overdue. Christmas has arrived which made my last minute wedding preparations limited. Relatives and friends from overseas have started to arrive a week before Christmas which meant family gatherings are in every corner. My friend (veil sponsor) from Korea, Lia, arrived last Saturday, Dec 22. I met her in Makati right after she arrived for she is due for her fitting of her gown. After the fitting, we met our other SF friends in Alabang for our yearly Christmas gathering.
Though we are not complete since most of our friends are assigned abroad, we had a blast! We first exchanged and opened our gifts. My baby asked for a piggy bank which gave me a headache looking for one. Our gift’s worth must be P1,000 and the piggy banks I know are worth less than a hundred only. Year 2008 is the year the rat, so most of the displays are mostly of rats. I never thought that I could find a cute piggy bank almost a life size of a piglet in Tickles. I almost bought a Chinese piggy bank even if it’s not nice and is chipped. Apparently, my baby wanted a piggy bank merely because he misses pork! He is assigned in Saudi by the way. At least I was able to give him what he wanted. Now our problem is how we will send it to him! *sigh.

I asked for a tripod which JayR and I will use in our honeymoon. I received a table tripod and a perfume. I love the table tripod! Thanks Ms. Gigi! Now, I just don’t have a camera in my bag but a tripod as well! :D

Then they surprised me with a simple shower. This is something unique too. There were no games or anything. But they have a theme for their shower gifts to me. They wanted it to be unique and funny so they came up with a Kitchen-and-Bathroom theme. Their gifts must be something that can be both used in the kitchen and bathroom. Icay gave me a liquid hand wash. I received a chocolate whip cream from Lia! Ate Marie gave me a foot spa set which she said I must use before I use the gift of Lia! Hahaha! Ms Gigi did not fail me. She has the most unique gift of all. She gave me a fly swatter!! Once there was a fly in my room, I was able to kill it in just one whip! Now, I wonder why it is a bridal shower gift. Hahahha!

Christmas has passed and my shower was still not over. JayR arrived last December 29. It was one hectic day for both of us. I hardly slept the night before probably due to excitement. I woke up at 3am for I have to pick him up at 4:30am. We miscalculated the time thinking he’ll arrive at 4:30. He arrived 4:05! I arrived at 5am at the airport giving him enough time at the immigration. I feel bad for he has to wait for me when I should be waiting for him. We waited for his parents to arrive at the airport then have breakfast at nearby Jollibee. Very typical pinoy. Just have to eat in Jollibee upon arrival! Hehe.. We went home to Taytay first to drop his things. Then we’re off at 9am for our canonical interview. It’s good that there was a wedding on going when we arrived at our church. At least, he was able to have a glimpse of the church with a wedding. After the interview, we headed for Megamall to meet his family. We are supposed to eat lunch before we head to JayR’s confirmation. But due to lack of time, we just bought packed lunch and just ate it in San Miguel Church. I was holding my breath the whole ride to the church. Since none of us had been there, we just relied to the city map of Manila for directions. Good thing we made it on time. After his confirmation, we again headed to Megamall for I have to meet Lanie, my Maid of Honor, who until then was due for the final fitting of her gown. I’m supposed to have dinner with his family but skipped it since we are with pressed time.

Lanie and I drove to Las Pinas for her fitting. We also met Chichay, my BM, in Alabang for she needs her gown altered. On our way, Lanie asked me to stop by Festival Mall for a while for she has to meet someone who she doesn’t want to reveal until I meet that somebody. All the while I thought that she wants me to meet the guy she was dating. I tried to refuse to accompany her for I’m not dressed to gimik. I was awake at 3am that day and was driving all through out the day until night. I don’t have the energy to socialize. But I gave in for she’s a dear friend and I support her in everything. We even had a small talk about the guys she dated before and told her how much I wanted her to be happy and to finally meet the guy of her dreams as I have found mine. When we arrived in Las Pinas, it’s a blessing Kuya Lito, JayR’s cousin arrived. He and Lanie were able to practice the song she’ll sing at the reception. Kuya Lito by the way is the house pianist of Vivere Hotel in Alabang. He would accompany all our singers at our reception. We were some kind of trapped for we can’t leave easily. Uncle Delfin, JayR’s uncle, was mesmerized by Lanie’s voice that he started to request several songs for her to sing. We’ve said goodbyes several times already before we were actually inside the car. I apologized to Lanie for it took us a while to leave thinking that her date was already waiting. Then we headed to Giligan’s in Alabang Town Center where her date was supposed to be waiting. During the ride, Chichay kept bugging me if I brought my camera with me and kept asking me where it was. That made me curious why she would need a camera and she seemed not shy like me. That’s the only time it finally hit me that maybe it’s not Lanie’s date who’s waiting for us. But I tried to keep that off my mind for I don’t want to expect a surprise. When we arrived in Giligan’s, Chichay walked ahead of me which I found funny. I just thought that’s how “bakla” she is. Hahaha! Then there I saw in one table, my room mates in college! They ordered a lot of food. I thought we were having lunch with the feast on our table.

Then the gift-giving started. I was surprised with the gifts I received from them! It’s definitely a must to bring in honeymoons. After we’re done with dinner, the waiter served a cake from Kink cakes! I was surprised but I don’t want it opened for we are in a public place! Our table was not secluded so everybody from other tables can see what it was. It would be fine if most of the people there are women. Obviously, most of them are men! We could’ve made fun of the cake more if we are in a secluded room! Hahaha! Thanks girls for one fun night!

No comments: