Saturday, January 12, 2008

Our Blissful Wedding - Her side of the story - 1

It’s been exactly one week from today when we got married. It’s been raining for the whole day today. I’m happy that we are blessed with a wonderful weather on our wedding day. Until now, I still have hangover of our big day! I can’t believe that after a year of preparations, it’s now over. I’m very happy that our wedding was nothing compared to the nightmares that I had for the past year. All the suppliers were all present and I remember every moment of it.

January 5, 2008, Wedding Day.

The Preparation

At 7am, my veil sponsor, Lia, arrived and woke me up. She traveled from Tarlac so it’s just polite to wake up and assist her. Then Chichay, my BM, arrived next. A little before 8am, my make-up artist, Reimann, arrived. I’m a bit confused on what must I do since my coordinators haven’t arrived yet. It’s a good thing my parents were there to think straight for me. Chichay went out to buy breakfast for us. I’m glad my mother took an early shower so Reimann was able to start her make-up. Before he started, he asked us to gather and say a short prayer. I so love Reimann, for without him our day won’t have a very meaningful start. As he does my mother’s make-up, I ate my breakfast then took a shower. A few minutes after, the other makeup artist, Angel, I hired for my entourage arrived. At 9am, Denden of Shindig arrived. I briefly pointed to her everything that is needed for the reception for I know that Nina assigned her as the key person to the reception. The living room of the suite has started to get crowded so I instructed my sister to bring Angel at JayR’s room so he could get started. Shortly after Reimann started on my makeup, the girls of Ms. Minette arrived to dress me up. They waited patiently by the sofa as my hair is being done. Soon Threelogy and Smartshot arrived at the same time. I’m not sure if it’s really an SOP that the photographers and videographers arrive but I guess it’s a way that no moments will be missed by the other and vise versa. I immediately recognized Bong of Threelogy for I already became a fan of their on-sites even before we actually started preparing for our wedding a year ahead. Sir Lito of Smartshot was indeed there as we have requested. Zandro who took our prenup shoot was sadly assigned to another wedding. However, he assured us that Archie is as good as Zandro. The moment they stepped in the suite, I know our wedding has started. They did not waste any minute though I can only see them through the corner of my eye. I would be a bit surprised to see cameras in front of me. I just let everything go. The night before, I prepared labeled envelopes for our payments to our suppliers. However, I only have enough cash to pay our florist for I know he’ll be the first supplier to arrive. The rest of the money was with JayR. While being made up, I called JayR but I got no answer from him. Apparently, he left his phone at the hotel. So I have to call his father to check where he was. Then I turned it over to our coordinator for I was then tied to photo shoots. At that point, I remembered that the flowers hadn’t arrived yet. I checked with Denden, and she told me that she was already in touch with them and was on their way. I loved how Reimann did my hair and makeup. I consulted him before I bought my head piece and the picture he showed to me on how my hair would look like was really what he did to my hair.




Then Sir Lito asked me if I’m ready to work now which I returned with a smile and nod. Sir Lito acted like a director of movies. He instructed me what to do and encouraged me to smile more without seeming mandated. He wanted everything to flow naturally. At a little past 11, I’m finally wearing my gown! It’s good that Ms. Minette’s girls were there for my gown was a bit loose. They had to adjust the gown for it might fall off me. A few more shots before the flowers finally arrived. Since we are scheduled to leave the hotel at 12:30, I only had a few shots with my bouquet. My bouquet was not what I had in mind but I’m happy and satisfied that they looked great as well.



I started to get emotional during the pictorials with my parents. This is the last shot until my tears finally dropped.



My friends and I had fun posing and playing with my veil.





More shots were taken at the mezzanine and the lobby of Manila Pen.




Here is the photo taken right in front of the door where the tank forced to enter during the Manila Pen invasion.

Sir Lito here showing us his craft.


Then at 1pm, we are off to the church! I rode the Studebaker from Don Roberts Bridal Car.

It seemed small but it was cozy inside. Since it’s a vintage car, I gauge that we were only traveling at around 40-60kph. Smartshot and Threelogy were always behind us.

No comments: