Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pre-wedding Day As Told By The Bride

Let me start my wedding-day-kwento the day before our wedding, Friday, January 4, 2008. I spent the morning packing an overnight bag and for our honeymoon. I gift wrapped the remaining souvenirs for the ninangs. Then I printed our plane ticket to Davao for our honeymoon. Before heading to the hotel, we dropped our priest’s marriage license to our church. We weren’t able to check in at the Manila Pen until 6PM. His room was upgraded to Makati Tower and is just a few doors away from my suite. That helped a lot in cases we need something from him and vise versa. While on queue at the lobby, JayR finally arrived at the hotel as well. Since we’ve decided not to see each other that day until our wedding, he made sure that I’m in our suite before he actually comes in. I just have my sister give him their room key cards.

The room seemed more spacious than when we made an ocular inspection of the room before. I then texted Ms. Minette our room number. They delivered my gown at around 6:30pm. It’s very convenient that they deliver the gowns the night before the wedding day. Any bride would love to have the burden of handling their gowns off their shoulder. I’m not very happy with my shoes, so I decided to look around Glorietta for possible replacement. I found a perfect laced shoe but the pair was missing so I resolved to a fully sequenced shoes. I can still hear Ms. Minette reminding me not to buy a beaded shoe for it’s lethal to my laced gown. I don’t have much time, so I decided to get it. It’s funny that I forgot my cards and money at the hotel so I have to call JayR and ask him to pay for my shoe. I had my mother and sister wait for JayR at the store while I look for some dresses at another store that I will wear the morning of my wedding. Then we headed back to the hotel to meet my father who made a second trip to get our paraphernalia for the wedding. Back at the hotel, I emailed the guest lists to our coordinator Nina. Then I had my nails done at the room. My parents were both begging that I go to sleep early. But I can’t. Not until I’m sure that everything’s been taken care of. For I know that come morning I won’t be able to attend to them. Racquel of Themeworks delivered our unity candle at 12:30am. She wanted to see me to check if I’m ok with the candles. Unfortunately I’m already in bed and I don’t want my parents to drag me back to bed if I asked her to come up to our room. So I just told her that I’m fine with them and that I’m just glad she was able to deliver it. That’s the only time I started to let go.

No comments: