Saturday, January 12, 2008

Our Blissful Wedding: Her side of the story 3

January 5, 2008, Wedding Day.

The Reception



The reception started a little before 6pm. There were a lot of guests who arrived and a few were not on the guest lists. We don’t mind having extra guests but we’re glad everybody was seated. I would like to commend our coordinators for making it orderly as possible as it can be. The supplier’s tables I allotted were all taken so they have to set up another table for them. The ballroom was finely decorated. I love the back drop that Freshcuts did to our couple’s table.


I tried to look at the set up of the guest’s table but I can’t get a glimpse of them. After a prayer, we proceeded with the cake cutting. Our delicious cake was made by a very dear friend, Faith.





The program has started and everything was running smoothly until one of my suppliers (lights and sounds) approached me asking me how they will eat. I started to panic for I thought there would not be enough food for them. I told him to ask Nina, my coordinator. I confirmed with Nina if they would be fed and was told that they were just waiting for a new table to be set up. I tried to keep that incident off my mind but even with reassurance from Nina I still kept wondering whether they’ve eaten already or not.

All our singers for the night sang beautifully with the music of Velvet Mood. I only gave them the line up of the songs the night before but they were able to play it. Aside from the song numbers, Shaina(Jr. BM), danced for us.



The on-site video prepared by Threelogy was the highlight of the program. It was perfectly edited. Our guests from the US can’t believe how fast it was edited. Sir Lito apologized to us for there had been a technical problem when the AVP they prepared was played which we really didn’t mind.

JayR cried when his father gave a speech after our tribute to our parents was played.



I also became emotional when I danced with my father.





We proceeded with the money dance afterwards.




I loved the limbo rock game rather than the traditional garter toss.



There had been a major change in the bouquet-throwing game since our florists failed to deliver the throw away bouquet and the loose stemmed roses we ordered. Our game became a sort of trip to Jerusalem where the last gal on the game wins.



I’m not sure when did the guests thinned down but I’m glad that all my close friends stayed until the end of the program. We ended the program with our special choreographed dance.






Thanks to my husband for memorizing our dance. I really give all the credit of the success of our dance to him! To you love, I always knew that a true dancer is in you! :D

To all our guests who made it to our wedding, thank you very much. To those who wanted to but can’t make it, we missed your presence. We hope that through our wedding stories, you’ll feel like you’ve actually been there. God bless you all!
Indeed, this celebration is one reason to jump for joy!

2 comments:

~currant7 said...

hi sis!
thanks for sharing your wedding photos and stories with all of us. :)
congratulations and happy married life!

cheryl&ed
w@w

Anonymous said...

it looks like you really had a great wedding! happy married life :)