Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas @ Singapore

It was the day before Christmas and I don’t really feel like celebrating. One reason is because I’m not in the Philippines to celebrate it with Anne and my family. Another reason is, I was literally alone here in our house. My housemates already went to Philippines to celebrate the yuletide season there. Christmas is a holiday here in Singapore but aside from not having to go to work, there is really nothing special about this day here. Thanks to my fiancé Anne, she encourage me to have my Noche Buena even if I only have my self to celebrate it with. Thanks also to the computer technology, I have Anne as my dinner date.
The idea of cooking something for the noche Buena really excites me. I actually love cooking, I just need someone to teach me the proper way to do it. I really havent tried cooking at home in the Philippines but I certainly believe that its not too late for me to catch up. =)

Ok, to cut the story short, I decided to cook something for the Christmas eve. I asked Anne on the step by step procedure on how to make spaghetti since my fiancé is a certified pasta guru. I remember the day she cooked baked mac for me which we brought in our taal volcano adventure and as I tasted it, I told myself that she’s the one who will stand beside me on my wedding day. ;)

After getting the tips, I immediately went to the grocery to buy the ingredients. I found a ready made spaghetti sauce but I didn’t bought it because my cyber cooking lesson with Anne will be wasted if I will buy that one. And of course, I want to impress her and prove to her that I will not only be a good husband to her, but a good cook as well.. =)

So after giving everything I got in front of the stove, I have a wonderful noche Buena experience! I believe that Christmas is truly in our hearts of every Christians and we should not based it from other people or from situations around us. Happy or sad, Christmas will always be Christmas. We should celebrate the true meaning of this day, and that is the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and that God truly loves each and every one of us!

Merry Christmas to everyone. Bon Appetit!

No comments: