Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Bridal Shower

Last night my friends from Fujitsu threw me a surprise bridal shower. They made it seem like we’re having a despedida for my friend Mitzi for she’s leaving for Singapore by the end of the week. At first, I was getting a little suspicious because my friends were acting a bit strange. First and fore most, I’m intrigued why would she throw a despedida party at her condo, for usually we just get together at a resto. She told me that she’s saving her moolah for an apartment in SG. But when I looked at the food she was preparing, it doesn’t seem she’s saving at all. But I let it go. Second, Leah, my MOH, was very eager to attend the party. She even suggested to just meet up at the venue when usually we would first meet then just go to any party together. Again, I let it go. I never found any signs from Shirley (Chord Sponsor). She’s acting very cool and natural the moment I picked her up from her home and all the way to Mitzi’s unit.



They rented the function room beside the pool area. This is a very interesting surprise. It’s not like when you open the door and find all your friends in the room kind of surprise. It’s having a despedida dinner and having your friend who just arrived hand you a bridal shower gift. Hahaha! That’s actually what happened. We were feasting over Café Breton’s crepes and KR’s chicken and some cocktails when Sheila and Beth arrived. The moment they arrived, Sheila started talking about bridal showers and immediately approached me to hand her gift! I was so surprised! I didn’t know what to say for she just revealed the surprise! Hehe..


So there, I already knew that there will be a bridal shower for me that night. So since the ice was broken, they started the program already. Maan, our emcee, was our host for the night. I thought that we will start off with a program for Mitzi. I even got a high chair for her. Needless that I know that the shower is about to start. They had me answer series of questions that JayR pre-answered. I am supposed to answer the same answer that he did. For every mistake I make, I need to drink vodka or strip! Of course I chose the former. I don’t have enough clothes on me to strip. And for every correct answer, I would open a gift!



Before we started the program, I already had a glass of Baileys and wine. So during the third or fifth question, I can’t think straight.



I argued that I’d still have to drive so they would change the consequence. I was surprised that they even prepared an over night clothes for me with the help of my brother. Very sneaky!!



At the end of the game, they read to me a letter sent by JayR. So sweet! There’s also a game of balloon blowing which Mitzi won. I wasn’t able to blow mine for I’m still tipsy over vodka. At the end of the night, they showed me a video which Shirley did. It was so touching! I really had a blast! Thank you girls for a wonderful and memorable night! I love you all! Mwah!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love surprises! i've got carried away sa surprise nila saiyo Anne! and i'm so happy for you..

best wishes in advance na! mwah!

luv yah,

Unknown said...

i love surprises! i've got carried away sa surprise nila saiyo Anne! and i'm so happy for you..

best wishes in advance na! mwah!

luv yah,