Sunday, August 5, 2007

Wedding Update: New Florist

Last week, we thought we are done with a month long search for our florist and event stylist. Just as we are about to schedule an appointment to make our downpayment with our chosen florist, we received a news from him that we are not the only couple inquiring on the same date as ours. An isolated case it is to him, he would accept two styling event in one day. Though he confirmed that we will be given priority, JayR did not approve. One way or the other, one client will be affected. We don't want to take that risk. We are getting married for the first time ONLY once! Since we've turned down the other florists we inquired to, we are once again in search of florist.

Today, I was surprised when my father told me that we will meet my ninang in Dangwa. What a good place to meet her. It's such a great timing! We need not schedule another trip to Dangwa to scout for florists. Though JayR is not with me, I braved the Dangwa street and looked for the stall of Mang Boy - special thanks to Golda for texting me his stall number. Mang Boy is very famous in W@W egroup. He has a small stall only so when we arrived there, they had me look at their photos of flowers in the middle of the street right under the heat of the sun! Good thing it's still a bit early that time so the rays of the sun didn't hurt much! If you'll look at Mang Boy, you wouldn't think he's a florist. Sobrang maton nya! hahaha! Anyway, I found his quotation a bit pricey. I told him that I would still have to show his quotation to JayR for approval. While waiting for my ninang to arrive, my mother and I looked around the flower shops. Just right in front of Mang Boy's stall, we found Jojo. Jojo is very accomodating. He had us sitted once we stepped inside his stall. He showed his portfolios to us. His quotation is lower than that of Mang Boy's. Plus I got big discount for he gave in to my budget. I'm really not good in haggling, so I really felt good afterwards! Aside from a lot of freebies which came along with the package, he made a sample of my maid of honor's buoquet and gave it to me for free. Check it out below!



Finding a new florist may be a blessing in disguise for us! For the reception styling, we might get the service of the florist second to our list. I just hope that she didn't felt bad about us after we turned her down a week ago. Ouch!

Have a nice day everybody!

No comments: