Monday, August 13, 2007

Wedding Update: One Busy Weekend

Saturday(August 11, 2007): Pre-Cana Seminar

JayR and I just had a very busy weekend. Last Saturday, we attended a pre-Cana seminar at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Pasig. We were the second to the last couple to arrive. Hehe.. There were a lot of group activities which made it fun. We thought that we’ll just seat and listen throughout the seminar. We even came prepared to be bored for the whole day! Hahaha!

That day made me realize that at this early stage we are not two individuals anymore. We are starting a new life together as one! Believe it or not, I’m not scared at all! I’m confident that we’ll have a wonderful life ahead of us and I can’t wait for that to happen. Now, I’m trying to chew in the fact that I won’t be a baby anymore. I won’t be just a daughter to a family but a wife and mother to a family we’ll build together. And we know that with the Lord at the center of our life, we will not fail.

Sunday(August 12, 2007): Pamamanhikan

To complete the busy weekend, last Sunday naman was the scheduled pamamanhikan. The whole family of JayR(father’s side) came to our house and traditionally brought food. With so much food on the table, they even asked us to call our neighbors to eat. Parang birthday namin dalawa! As expected, they found their trip to be looonngg!! With the South Luzon Expressway under rehabilitation, their travel time doubled. And it’s understandable for they came all they way from Taytay, Rizal and found themselves in the town of San Pedro, Laguna. I only have one of my Tita come over as our representative. Our other relatives unfortunately can’t make it. Nevertheless, the pamamanhikan went well. We are both clueless on what will happen or what must be done. I just knew that both of our families must somehow get to know one another. It took a while before we had everybody gathered inside the living room. Thank goodness for my chikadora mother! They started to listen to her stories which later turned into a good conversation among them. JayR and I just stood in one corner listening. We need not tell them our wedding plans for both our families are aware of it.
Another star shone during the pamamanhikan, our newly bought Lazee Boy with massager. I tell you guys, if you need to find a common thing among parents and relatives, grab one now! Each one of them took turns to try it out! It’s one entertainment everyone will love! At the end of the day, we both knew and happy that the pamamanhikan was a success!

No comments: