Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Wedding

Last Saturday we had a dry run of our wedding during the wedding of my brother. Since he was the first to get married in our family, we had no idea what will our day be like. They did not hire a coordinator hence we lost track of time. I never really thought how fast time really flies when you’re getting married. We stayed the night before in Best Western Astor Hotel in Makati Avenue. We never had a problem during our stay. Their room service was very accommodating though your request will take them at least 30 minutes to deliver. We woke up at around 7:30am, ate breakfast until 9am, and took a bath, picked up my bestfriend-maid-of-honor-cum-wedding-singer at 10am, back at the hotel at around 10:30am. At that point, I thought we still have enough time. The next time I asked for a time check it was 11:20am already! Suddenly panic struck me. I can’t believe the time. I as well as my mother and sister have no make up yet. We were also informed that the make up artist hired by my sis-in-law (SIL) had no assistant. I’m prepared to do my makeup by myself but at the last minute we were accommodated. There’s a lot of commotion going on in our room for we need to check out before two. My brother, being the most typical guy in the majority seemed so calm. They did not hire a coordinator hence we’re left self-calculating the time in preparations. Good thing we had a lot of relatives who passed by the hotel, we got more hands to help. I’m not sure how this happened but we came on time at the church! Hahaha! Since NSDG has no choir and us neither, I prepared a CD for the entourage march. I was never told by my brother that any CD to be played must be tested beforehand since their player is choosy most of the time. I sighed with relief when it played the first try. As backup, we brought our laptop in case we had a problem with the CD. The rest of the songs sung during the ceremony including the bridal march were sung by my SIL’s friend, my friend, and my sister. All of the songs were accompanied beautifully by my one and only JayR. :D They only had a microphone directly at the speaker of the keyboard since the amplifier was at the back of the altar. Nevertheless, the sound was enough to fill the church. During the pictorial, I had the String Quarter Tributes play at the background. :D Thanks to w@wies for this idea. They did not notice that we were playing slow rocks in string quartets!





The weather was nice and cool. Raindrops started to fall little by little before the bridal march and just finally poured during the ceremony. It stopped after the ceremony and poured once again during the reception. Once again, we played the String Quartets during the reception. There were no empty tables and all guests were seated. I’m not aware if all the invited guests arrived. The food tasted great. Everybody had been well fed. JayR and I joined the couple’s game and lost. Hehehe. When the garter and bouquet throwing was just about to start, we decided that we won’t join the game for there may be a chance that only of us will get it. But when my brother called JayR’s name, he stood and joined the guys. I was watching from a far and I can see that my brother threw it to his direction. I think since he had no plans of catching it, the garter fell of the floor the first time. The second time my bro threw the garter to his direction, he had no choice but to catch it. Afterwards, almost half of the crowd’s eyes were on me. I had to get the bouquet. This is the first time I joined this game that I’m confidently in front of the ladies! Talk about pressure! Hehe.. My sis-in-law did not bother to throw her bouquet for she just happily handed it to me. I think this was planned by the couple.

Weddings are good occasions to see old friends and relatives that we have not seen for a long time. I was able to distribute our Save the Dates to some of our family friends who lives abroad and who we don’t see often. The time of our wedding is the same time as theirs next year. We’ve picked up some lessons learned on the day of their wedding. As much as possible we want to feel relaxed for the rest of that day. With prayers, we know that everything will run smoothly.

2 comments:

~currant7 said...

wonderful on how real weddings turn out. i'm glad that your brother's wedding was a success and there weren't too much problems.
congratulations to your brother and SIL!

Anonymous said...

HA?!! Kinasal na si Carlo? Lupeeettt! Nauna pa sya sa'yo (at sa aken). Di ako papayag na maunahan ni Kat-kat.