Sunday, October 7, 2007

Wedding Update: On Cakes

Last Thursday I met my very good friend, Faith in Makati to discuss the wedding cake she'll do for me. I have so much trust in her that she can provide us a very good cake. I did not ask her to do this favor so I could get a huge discount on cakes but I want her to do something special for us on our wedding day! My mother even wondered why I keep our cake on a budget when I asked for a grand cake on my debut. The reason is I want our cake to have a personal touch. (I’m talking in the first person here for JayR left all the decisions on this area to me. Of course, I still solicit his approval before I make any final decision.) I know that she won't let us down. ;) Talk about pressure! Hahaha! Here is the picture of the cake I found in the net for the inspiration of the cake I have in mind.


I want a tiered cake, maybe 3 layers or 5 layers. I’m not sure yet. Our cake will be one of the highlight in our reception and I want it to be simple yet elegant. She proposed a cake surrounded by barquillos with arranged slices of fruits on top in clear gelatin. If you still can’t visualize it, think crema de fruta. I love the idea but I feared that the first thought my guests will get when the see it is the color brown. The guests won’t take a closer look at it hence they won’t see the colors of the fruits on top of each layer. She proposed to add ribbons around it to break the brown monotone. This may be one option but she wanted to do more research on the perfect cake that I wanted. I love this girl! Hehe.

No comments: