Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mission Singapore

It's been quite a while since my last post on our blog. For me, its really hard to work on something when your heart and mind are not into it. Many times I tried to think of something to write in here but it seems my thoughts are not with me. I guess I left it with my fiance back there in the Philippines.. :D

It was exactly 3 weeks since I've been here in Singapore and yet until now, I still feel like I just arrived yesterday. I have made lots of adjustments already and yet there are still lots of adjustments which I need to undertake. To begin with, this is my first time to live by myself, not literally living alone but living away from home. Even during my college years, in which going to school back and forth took me 5 hours of stressful travel, I still opted not to stay in apartments or dormitories. The reason behind is that I dont want to look after my own food, clothes and other stuff. In short, I dont want to do those household chores, hehe. But here in Singapore, I have no choice, I need to do those things which I dont want to do at home. Here, I need to regularly clean my room, wash and iron my clothes, do the grocery, etc.. But cooking is just too much for me. As much as I have wanted to cook delightful dishes here, my cooking powers are just limited to instant noodles and fried dishes. Good thing cooking is one of Anne's many expertise, all I have to do is to wait for the time that she will be here with me.. :D And since I dont know how to cook, I have no choice but to be adventurous with some of the local foods here in which I find to be very challenging task for my taste buds.

On the brighter side, there are also lots of positive adjustments. From 1 1/2 hours travel time from our house to my previous office in Makati, here it was reduced to 40 mins or less. It's less traffic here and less pollution. The surroundings are very clean and the people here are very disciplined, especially my fellow pinoys. Although Philippines and Singapore are within the same time zone, it seems that Phils is ahead by 2 hours. 7pm here is just like 5pm in the Phils. so when I arrived home from work, I feel like I still have lots of time to do some household chores.

I'm really grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to go and work here in Singapore. Actually, early this year while Anne and I started preparing for our wedding, going and settling in Singapore was one of our original and major plan. Although during that time, we have no idea yet on how we can accomplish this target but we never worried because we believe God will help us. And Im very thankful that God answered our prayers and that everything are going smoothly as to what we have planned. He magnificently paved the way for me and cleared all the obstacles that might hinder me from going here in Singapore. Until now, I can clearly picture out how He powerfully helped me through the course of my resignation with my previous employer and also how He reminded me, through Anne's brother and his wife, about my status as a DOST scholar,which may lead to a big problem in the Bureau of Immigration if not taken care of immediately.

My life here in Singapore is not a walk in the park for me, since I do a lot of adjustments and sacrifices not to mention doing lots of things which I don’t normally do back in the Phils. But I believe God is just giving me enough time to practice doing these sort kind of things, as a preparation for the next chapter of my life - married life, in which no one will carry out these things for us, but ourselves. At least Anne can be assured that I can help her in doing those household chores. :D

God is really good, and He is good all the time!

No comments: