Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wedding Update: Recto Trip

Yesterday, we scoured Recto to find some materials for our invitation. The invitation I had in mind was another inspiration from Aylee. It will be a 7”x 7” invite. The most difficult part in creating the invitation was making the pochette. I am able to create a sample pochette using an ordinary bond paper but the output was smaller than what I intended for our printer can only do so much. We won’t have any problem with the printing of our invites for my Ninong who owns a printing press will take care of it. The main objective of my trip was to look for ready-made pochettes.

Since JayR is not here, I had my mother accompany me. We parked the car at her dormitory (still accepts bed spacer btw, hehe..) near UST and just walked our way to Recto. It really is indeed a haven of invitation suppliers. I did not want us to inquire to every stall for I don’t want to be overwhelmed with a lot of questions and sell talks. The first stall we went to were just small. The lady had me check out their sample of invitations compiled in a big book. I did not bother to get to the fifth page for their samples are torn already and the pages are starting to deteriorate. We continued to walk and look around. The next stall we went to were just like any other typical stall there, but the lady manning it projects a good aura enough to make me sit and talk. For me, that’s important. I felt the need to find the most trustworthy person for the competition in that area is high. She was able to show me the right invitation I was looking for with just some minor modification. Finding the right color was a tough one. They had limited samples in the shade of orange. I would want our invitation to look elegant, so I decided to just go for Copper. It still had a light touch of burnt orange but with more gold feel with it. She also supplies pochettes only but at this point, I’m close to having our entire invitation made in Recto. She quoted me a very cheap price for the production of the entire invitation. Of course I still have fear inside me that the output may not be that good. There are a lot of stories going around that the output is just so-so. These are some things I don’t want to take risk for our invitation will be the first feel our guests will get of our wedding. I don’t want to be very intricate with it for it will just be ignored if not thrown by some of our guests after the wedding. Here are the sample shots of the invite I had my eye on.

This is the pochette I was looking for but I want the flaps to overlap and the tip to be rounded.



I loved the border of the inserts. I'm sure my Ninong can do just that.



The next stall we went to were a lot bigger than the previous stalls. The couple who owned the shop was very persistent. I’m a bit grateful to them for they presented me a lot of options. Aside from getting ready made pochettes, they suggested I just buy the plain sheets and have my Ninong print on it. Like the other, they also quoted me a very cheap price for my entire invitation, though it would still be cheaper for us if I had my Ninong do the printing. It is at this time I wished I had JayR with me. It’s hard to decide on the spot without consulting him. Guess I should talk to my Ninong first before I purchase anything! At least I had some ideas now. I can walk around Recto confident enough to haggle. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep working ,great job!