Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wedding Update: Bridal Car

Another task done! Finally, we booked our bridal car. Honestly, I didn't mind much about the bridal car for we'll only use it for just a short period of time. Of course, if given a choice, I would want a vintage car. But with all the expenses smacked right at our faces, I'm ok with just a simple car.

Among the bridal car companies I emailed, I only got a response from Don Robert's Bridal Cars. After the rates were sent to us, I sent the link to JayR for selection. I was eyeing the Bug Eye Benz but JayR was set to get the 2006 Chrysler. I argued that it costs too much. I was so touched when he said that he wants the best car for his bride! My heart almost melted with joy! How sweet can my future hubby be! Now with a choice to get a car more than the budget I had in mind, I suggested to get the Jaguar Mark V which costs the same as the Chrysler. I just thought that the Chrysler lacks drama and that it's just a little bigger than a typical car. Aside from the Jaguar, I fell in love with the look of the 1932 Studebaker. Actually, I would love to have the Studebaker rather than the Jaguar. Besides that it costs less than the other cars, I love how vintage it looks! With that car, it'll be one element of our wedding pictures! JayR's just concern that it's not actually a white car. I don't mind at all. I don't think there's a rule that bridal cars should be white.

I called Don Roberts to check the availability of the Jaguar and the Studebaker. Unfortunately the Jaguar is already booked on our wedding day and FORTUNATELY the Studebaker is still available!! Hooray! I immediately asked him to reserve the date for us. So now, let me present to you our bridal car! A 1932 Studebaker!

The Perspective View.



The Front View



The Back View



I love how the door opens opposite the usual car does.



Since our bridal car is very vintage, we hope it can surpass the traffic in Pasig. Don Robert assured us that it will!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne and JayR,

Thank you for a wonderful blog. More poer and Best Wishes!

- DON ROBERT

Winnie said...

This is a nice idea of a bridal car. Thanks for sharing what you have in mind when preparing your own dream bridal car. Bridal cars are really one of the important things during your wedding day.