Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wedding Update: On Choreographer

Yesterday, I went to Weddings, Get, Set, Go..a bridal fair in Rockwell with my good friend who’s also getting married next year. This is the first bridal fair I attended where the venue is not Megamall! This is also the first bridal fair I attended without JayR with me. Since we’ve booked most of the suppliers already, I’m on the lookout for bridal cars and some other minor suppliers we might need. Too bad not much bridal cars are on exhibit.

However, we did not go home disappointed. I found Elaine Francisco-Ledesma, a florist turned choreographer. I found her package very affordable. Her package includes three (3) sessions, with a max of 3 hours per session. It’s a lot cheaper than the previous inquiry I did on one dance studio in Alabang. I had Nina, our coordinator, book her today at the bridal fair to avail the discount she offers since I can’t go back today. They belong to the same group of wedding suppliers so dealing with her is easier. I’ve always loved dancing ever since I was a kid. My parents enrolled me to Ballet and Hawaiian dance classes during my growing up years. I took beginner and advance ballroom dance classes in college. And currently, I love and join the dance classes in Fitness First. Don’t get me wrong though. I’m NOT nor as close to being a professional dancer! Hahaha! And just like most of the regular guys out there, JayR don’t bother much about dancing. I remembered him telling me that his only experience in professional dancing is during their foundation activities in High School. Hmmnn.. Maybe Elaine will have a tough time during our practice. Hahaha! Elaine however told me otherwise. She loved to challenge herself to teach the grooms dance! Since JayR will arrive only one week before our wedding, I asked Nina to book three consecutive days with Elaine for our practice. This is an exemption for she normally schedules the sessions three weeks before the wedding. I just wish we don’t spoil our first dance.

I’ve always wanted to have a special dance number for our guests especially to our overseas guests. So to all our “Guest Readers” out there, ABANGAN!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there! do you have the contact details of ms. elaine ledesma? how much does she charge for the 3 sessions? i need a coreographer for my wedding on june 2008. thanks!

Unknown said...

hi anne! how are you guys? :) i truly hope that your wedding became extra memorable through your dance :) im really glad to have found new found friends in you!

thanks for the opportunity for helping you out in your dance!

elaine