Thursday, April 5, 2007

Wedding Updates: Initial Accomplishments

Only 8 months remaining and what have we accomplished? Well, we’ve already settled 4 of the important factor for our special day; Church, Reception venue, Photographer, and Videographer.

Church: Sta. Clara de Montefalco Parish

We already made a reservation with St. Peter and Paul Parish when we learned of the Sta. Clara de Montefalco Parish. Tagged as the Tallest Church in the Philippines, Sta. Clara de Montefalco stood 57 meters high. You can actually see it along C5 highway from Market Market! to Kalayaan Avenue. Scan the area on your right and you’ll not miss its dome. That’s how tall it is. My only fear is that it is only around 90% complete. Will it be finished by January?? That’s the ultimate question! The parish office won’t divulge much information on when it will be finished. It will all depend on the fund that the church will acquire or hopefully have. The interior of the church is already finished except for the dome which is just above the altar. A mural painting will be made to finish the dome. I even read that an elevator will be constructed to allow visitor to see the dome up close. I don’t mind if that elevator did not make it to our wedding. I just want a door installed ASAP! Hahaha! Until now, there’s no door installed just yet.
Without it I would have to think of other ways to add drama on my emergence before walking down the aisle. I have ideas already but I still have faith that a door will be installed in time! Aside from those, glass stains would have to be installed. That’s the least of my concern right now. I just want a door! Hahaha! We plan to visit it monthly to see any development.



Reception: Makati Sports Club, Ayala Hall

We don’t know why but there’s something about this place that makes us both feel at home. Aside from the fact that the hall is like a hotel ballroom, it is unbelievably cheap also. However, we can’t get Hizon’s to cater us since they have their own caterer. But we don’t mind. So far, all I hear are praises on how their food taste. We will just get Hizon’s dessert buffet instead. All we need is to hire a professional to perk up the place. Although it has an interior of a hotel ballroom, I don’t think a flower arrangement s enough to set the right mood.

Photographer: Smart Shot Studio

We booked Smart Shot on-the-spot in a bridal fair we attended in Megamall. We just got their Photo Package for we have a separate videographer. We still haven’t met who will be the photographer assigned to us. Among the various photographers in the fair, Smart Shot had offered us a complete package at a discounted rate. We also like the layout of their albums.

Videographer: Threelogy

It was a very good friend who introduced me to threelogy. I’ve seen their on-sites AVPs and it never failed to make me cry. Since then, I wanted them to cover our wedding. They are a bit expensive but it is something that we don’t want to take for granted. Their work will relive this special occasion in the future. I emailed them last January to ask if they have no bookings on our date yet. Their reply is negative! I was sad for a few days until I just accepted the fact that we can’t have them cover us. Until one fine day, one blessed day, I received an email from them informing that they are again accepting reservations on the day that we wanted. Apparently, the couple who made a prior reservation cancelled for some reason which brought us luck. I just hope their wedding was just rescheduled and not cancelled. We have no time to lose, the following night we went to meet them personally to make reservation! The next thing we need to settle is the music which will accompany our on site AVP! And the door!!! The shot of slowly opening the door with slowly showing the silhouette of the bride have always been the climax of their on site AVPs. I just have to have a door to have that shot! Hahaha!

Other things we have to settle are the gowns, suits, invitations, souvenirs, and other small details. Otherwise, we are all set!

No comments: