Thursday, April 12, 2007

Antonio's @ Tagaytay to the Rescue!

You've waited 1 year for this very special day just to find out it will fall on a Good Friday. Yeah right! The thought of having our anniversary on a Good Friday keeps on bothering me a week before our special day and its very self explanatory why. Almost all establishments will be closed and I'm afraid I couldn't even give her a single decent flower on that day.

Until I found a paradise named Antonio's Garden in the vicinity of Tagaytay. Special thanks to Mr. Google, I really owe this one to you. I search for contact numbers and without any futher delay, I made a reservation for two. When the receptionist asked me for the date, I replied quickly without any hesitations but loaded with tons of prayers, "April 6, Good Friday at 5:30 pm.." Prayers answered! They will be open on that date. Actually I made a reservation because I want to surpise my date with some planned gimmicks with the help of course of the waiters/coordinators there since I'm planning to launch the million dollar question to her on that day. But immediate change of plans. I realized, not for any religious reasons, that it will better if I will do my proposal on some other day so I can further enhance it with other spectacular stuffs. (See previous blog entry). But good thing I made the reservations because they don't accept walk-in customers. That day, even though how dark to others, was fully-booked. And Im glad were in! God is really good..

I can simply describe this splendid place in one word -- perfect! I've seen some pictures of this place in the internet and from there, I can clearly see that this place is very remarkable, but being there and seeing it personally further amplified the awesomeness of the place. Though it is quite expensive, around P2000+ per head, this can be compensated by very cozy ambiance, excellent service from the staffs, the delectable foods (from the salad, the soup, the main course all the way to desserts), not to mentioned that all of the foods they serve are freshly cooked when you order it. After our hefty dinner, we took some more strolling around the place to burn the calories we gained, taking some pictures of antique stuffs. By the looks of it, Antonio’s seems like an ancestral house. We also enjoyed the sight of the coy fishes in their mini lagoon which truly adds to the serenity of the place.

Surely at the end of the day, we got all our money's worth! There were no fancy gifts and stuffs nor colorful flowers that night but Antonio's made that night worth remembering. And with this experience at Antonio's, I can say that this is truly one of the best dinner we ever had.

Collide @ Manila Pen

3 comments:

~currant7 said...

oh wow - I know what you mean on Good Friday...but for sure it's booked up since Antonio's never accept walk-ins and on holy week, tons of people I know flock over to Tagaytay for a short getaway from the city.
Thank goodness for Mr. Google indeed. :)
I miss Antonio's. :D

Anonymous said...

hi! do you have the number for Antonio's? the 0917-899-2866 number is eternally busy! :( thanks in advance!

Jayr n Anne said...

-- on anonymous --
The contact number I have here is the same with yours..