Sunday, April 8, 2007

His Grand Proposal!

A lot had been asking how he proposed to me. It is one question I hope no one asks because I have no answer yet. But it’s unavoidable. Now I have the answer to that question. For today, Easter Sunday, he surprised me with a grand proposal! I never asked for it for I don’t want to have a proposal just because I wanted it. I’ve accepted the fact that I won’t have one. I’m more than happy just to have him as my future hubby that a proposal is not necessary. Yet lo and behold, he is in fact planning one for me! He conspired with my mother and brother to get me home right after mass. I’m supposed to go to the gym after mass but when my mother saw me packing my stuff, she asked me not to do so for it’s easter and she is expecting a visitor that they would not reveal to me who! To make the story short, I complied.

When we get home, I went straight to my room! I was so surprised when I saw loose rose petals scattered on my bedroom floor. Balloons with “Thank You” notes attached on each string were tied to my bed and all over my room. On my bed lay a 1 dozen red roses and a round box which is tied to a big yellow balloon. I caught him off guard for he didn’t hear us arrive. Funny thing was, I was texting him all along informing of my whereabouts and his. After I composed myself, he had me first watch the first half of a short video he made before he asked me to read all the notes in each balloon. After which, he continued to play the video. At the end of the video is written the message “Will you marry me?”. Then he had me open the box. The box was filled with chocolate kisses with tags of “Will you marry me?” and two pieces of plastic easter eggs, one red, one yellow. He then asked me what my answer is! Of course I said “YES!!! I will marry you!”. He first opened the red egg which reveals a picture of himself crying. That is what I am supposed to get if my answer is NO. He then opened the yellow egg which reveals a diamond ring! I was so happy when he slipped it to my finger. It fits perfectly fine! Surprisingly, I didn’t cry. Maybe because I was anxiously anticipating what will happen next! I ran to my mother and showed the ring to her. She said his gratitude to him for making her daughter happy and wished us both well.

To you love, thank you for this experience of once in a lifetime. It’s always been a dream of mine to experience being proposed to in a romantic way! Even without it, I’ll still marry and love you for the rest of my life!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my God! naiiyak ako! so touchy naman... so sweet... so romantic! I'm so happy for you Anne! naiiyak ako.. nanginginig ako.. parang feel na feel ko.. wehehe... I'm so happy talaga for you Anne!

JR, thank you for taking care of my friend Anne!

miss yah! luv yah both!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and best wishes in advance!

Anne n Jayr said...

thanks tikya! uwi ka ha! miss you too! regards to fafa jim! mwah!

chi-square said...

grabe ang galing, kasama ang mother and brother sa proposal plan. sweet and very touching. pasko ng pagkabuhay, di magtatagal...mabuhay ang bagong kasal.

and good thing your blogging, this is a memo you can keep as you move on with your lives together. para pag lolo at lola na kayo at hingal na magkuwento sa mga little apo, you can just say "apo, just visit http://episodesofourlives.blogspot.com/". Cool lola, that is kung cool pa ang blog by that time, baka kaya na magbasa ng utak ng tao by that time.

happy for you anne and jayR. isa pang winner, marami na kayo pictures together for your AVP nyo. Ahihi. ;-)

Anne n Jayr said...

thanks girl! at first, I was hesitant to blog..But I figured it's a good way to keep track of what is happening to our lives. So go with it! miss yah!

~currant7 said...

congratulations on the wonderful news - the ever-important proposal! :P
super happy for you and can't wait to see how your planning and big days goes. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

Both of you deserves each other and deserves to be together for the rest of your life...in short, "soul-mate"...

JayR - ang romantic naman ng proposal mo...

Anne - ang swerte ni JayR! Joke, parehas kayo swerte sa isa't isa...

Kerokeropi - salamat sa iyo...

=)

Jayr n Anne said...

Hehe ingatan mong mabuti si kerokeropi ha.. hehehe

JayDJ said...

nice ha ! i like the 2 eggs part. it shows how you would feel if she said "no"... but of course you know she'll say "yes". but it's nice to let her know how sad you would feel without her. :) great proposal !