Friday, May 22, 2009

Week 19: House Arrest



No Crocs sale for me! I am supposed to take a bed rest for one week! :(

Exactly when my pregnancy reached week 19, I was advised by an OB to take a bed rest for 1 week. Last Wednesday, I was doing my daily routine at work. Went to work in the morning, had lunch at noon, then back to work by 1PM. An hour later, I went to the rest room as usual. There, once again, I saw my liner half filled with red blood! All I could do was gasp. Immediately, I went back to my desk. Tear started to fill my eyes. My hands were trembling as I dialled the hospital’s number. The operator was kind enough to give me an appointment in the next two hours. I called my habibi and told him my situation while holding back my tears. I was still silently crying as the taxi drove to the hospital.

In 30 minutes, I’m waiting for my habibi to arrive at the hospital lobby. My OB’s shift was done so the receptionist handed me over to another OB. I’m a bit worried that the OB would be male for I forgot to request for a female OB. But I thought this is not the correct time to be choosy. I felt relieved when my habibi arrived a few minutes after. The attending OB was indeed male. I was worried but tried to relax. I looked around his room, I saw thank you card addressed to a Prof. We figured he’s a professor as well. No wonder we feel like students asking him stupid questions while he answers with ridiculous eyes like we didn’t study our lesson! Hahaha! Before any tests, he explained to us all possible causes of bleeding during pregnancy. I told him about my fall two weeks ago and was assured that it has anything to do with my current situation. After several tests and still the source of bleeding is unknown, he recommends to do an ultrasound to see if my placenta is where it should be. Once inside the scanning room, my habibi prepared his fone to take video of the scan. When the OB arrived, he asked my habibi to switch it off for he won’t allow it. He said the procedure is not for entertaining purposes! We just obliged. We didn’t experience that with my real OB. Then in the middle of his discussion, I mean scanning, my fone rang. My habibi was struggling to silence it. The prof’s discussion was interrupted and asked habibi to pay attention!!! I silently laugh for it look’s like a teacher getting the attention of a student! Hahahaha! Poor habibi. We were both delighted by the sight of how big our baby has grown. Unfortunately, the OB did not paid too much attention on the baby but on the placenta and some other things around the baby. After the scan, he said that the placenta and the baby seem normal. He has ruled out every possible cause. He was left to recommend a bed rest for me to take for one week!

It's been two days now and I feel a lot better and secured. At least thru the scan, we are assured that my likely to have a premature labor is low. That's a relief! I can't wait see my real OB next week. And of course, the detailed scan a week after that so we could finally know the gender of our baby!

No comments: