Sunday, March 2, 2008

Starting Anew


I’m back in Singapore. I’m now ready to start a new life together with my husband. Though we’ve been married for almost two months now, it is only now that I can truly say that I have a husband and that I’m certainly a wife. A few days after our wedding, JayR left for Singapore. So I’m left alone as if nothing major changed in my life. We’re back to our web cams. Good thing there’s Skype! He seemed like he’s just in some province nearby. It’s better than phone calls too!

Another great thing happened to me is that I got a job in Singapore! This came earlier than we’ve planned. It’s such a blessing to us. We’re both thankful to Him for all the blessings he’s showered upon us. Now, we’re both realizing how our dreams are starting to come to reality.

It's no secret that I don't do much chores at home. Amazing as it may seem, suddenly I became domesticated. I admit that I may be ignorant on some things, but I'm not totally clueless on household chores. I'm just still at a learning process. Good thing I know how to cook. I've remembered everything my mother used to tell me about some dishes. That guided me in all the dishes I've prepared for my habibi. Indeed, living a life out of your comfort zone is difficult. But with my habibi beside me, I’m sure we’ll do just fine.

Wish us both luck!

1 comment:

jan celiz-magtoto said...

hey! di ka nag-iisa. i used to be clueless too when it comes to household chores. but when i got married last july, it was as if my fairy godmother tapped me with her magic wand! i'm a totally different person now and my family are so surprised! my best buddy now is my cookbook! ooh! i'm so proud of us anne! bravo!