Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Its my birthday today and I can't think of a better way of celebrating it than to be with my wife. March 6, aside from being my bday, is special for the two of us because its the date when we first met. I can still remember how nervous I was waiting for Anne in their complany's lobby and i'm sure that my wife during that time felt the same. I dont know if it's a coincidence, but good thing it's my upcoming birthday when I invited her to go out on a dinner for if not, Im not sure if she would agree to go out with me that time.

It's my first time to celebrate birthday outside the Philippines and I thought I would be celebrating it alone again, just like I did last Christmas, because our original plan was for Anne to go here to Singapore around April. But God is really good. He didn't allow that to happen. He blessed Anne with a new work here and she started on the first day of March. God truly makes all things beautiful and perfect in His own timing. And she even got that work without the need to endure the hard process of job hunting through job fairs, classified ads and the like.

Actually, it's a two day celebration for us because March 5 is our 2nd month wedding anniversary and in spite of our hectic working schedules, we made sure this day will still be special. My wife, as always, never fails to surprise me. I think she got that exceptional skills of surprising people from me. ;) Last night, she cooked a very scrumptious mouth-watering dinner for us. It was so yummy I thought we were eating on a fine dining resto! For our main course, We had penne pasta in creamy white sauce with chicken and mushrooms. This goes with a pan fried salmon marinated with fresh lemon.


She told me that its her first time to cook this kind of pasta dish but the way it tasted, its really hard to believe what she said.

(I asked jayR to give me some time to cook our dinner on our monthsary. I wanted it to be very special since this is the first time we'll spend it together. I kept the details secret to him. I asked him not to hurry home but go straight home. I'm sure all the wives out there will understand what I mean! :D Unfortunately, I got home 30mins than the usual since JayR asked me to buy some groceries and I had to pick up the birthday cake I ordered for his birthday. As soon as I got home, I tried to hide the cake but it's not easy to hide a red box inside a ref filled with just juices and water and some left overs! I just kept it inside a plastic bag and prayed that he won't see it. I'm done cooking when he arrived. I had him stay at our living room while I prepare our dinner. I placed everything he would need from our ref on the table so he won't have any reason to open it and accidentally see the cake. Since we're eating pasta, JayR suddenly grabbed a bread, stood up and got the cheese from our ref! I tried to act normal and wished he won't say something about the cake. Good thing he didn't. That was a close one!)

I thought that was the highlight of the day but more surprises kept pouring on. After our dinner, we watched our previous AVP's and that inspired me to do my own version of our wedding AVP. Anne urged me to start doing the AVP when she noticed I started to get sleepy. It's because she had another plan to execute and she didn't want me to get sleepy until she carry out that plan. Very clever huh! So I started doing the AVP, until I became so engrossed with what I am doing that I didn't noticed its already 12mn (my bday already). My wife took this opportunity of me being so occupied, to go to our kitchen and execute her next surprise. I have earphones in my ears so I didnt hear any noise made by what she's doing. Then she walked towards me, carrying the candle-lit strawberry cheesecake in her hand while singing happy birthday! She was so sweet!

(I had a hard time finding the right timing to bring out the cake. Since we're now living on the same roof, plotting a perfect surprise is difficult. Thank goodness he worked on another AVP project, I found the opportunity to execute my plan. Since he was on an earphones, I did not bother keeping my silence as I bring out the cake out of it's box. We both don't smoke so I lit the candle using the stove! One surprise perfectly executed!)








And the surprises will not stop there. Tonight were going to have a dinner date in a place which my wife has chosen. She would not tell me where it is for its her next surprise to me. She just told me to relax, stay calm, and dont forget bring my credit card. hahaha. She just came here last friday but it seems she has been here for months already, well thats what she told me =) and she will prove it to me tonight in our dinner date. Hope we will not get lost on our way. Dont worry sweetheart, I trust your direction skills. ;)

To you my wife, thank you so much for always making me very happy even with the smallest things that you do. I love you so much!

(Anything for you my sweet habibi! I love you so much!)

3 comments:

jan celiz-magtoto said...

HBD jay-r!!!=)

Jayr n Anne said...

@jan celiz-magtoto said...
HBD jay-r!!!=)

-- Thanks!

Anonymous said...

love that cake too. had it first when someone brought one sa ofc...pagkatapos nun, we we're hunting which bakeshop we could find it. :-)

hey, mandarin classes natin, drop me a line once your back.