Tuesday, March 6, 2007

2 in 1

I took a leave today to celebrate a very special day with my man, his birthday! Thank goodness for my back pain I need not make a lame excuse to justify my absence. I’ve been enduring my sore back for a couple of days now. Since we can’t plan much on what we’ll do in this special day I figured it would be a good time to have my massage together with him. :D I’m grateful he enjoyed it naman. At least that’s what he said.

I woke up amazingly early without difficulty to see him. On my way to their house, my eyes captured a very majestic dome. I said to myself, it must be a church. And it is! But how come I was not aware of it?? I thought I’ve researched every church there is in Manila. I guess not. Anyway, I’ll just blog about this some day..back to my story.

We started it off with a free breakfast at Gambrinus in InterCon
courtesy of Priority Privilege. We sampled a variety of pastries from pan de sal to a very sumptuous chocolate croissant. But it’s the mini bottled jam that made our breakfast exciting! I know how funny it is but we enjoyed sampling each jam with a selection of pastries discovering which jam is most compatible with what pastry. Simple joys shared with love!

After the satisfying breakfast, we took a stroll to burn some calories we gained! We looked for a spa for our much needed massage. We requested for a couple’s room wherein we were simultaneously massaged by two therapists. In this way, we still felt it’s an activity we shared together. After my back had been relieved, the game is on at Time Zone! I’m a bit scared to strain my back again but who cares! I love shooting hoops and playing air hockey with my love. Stressful but fun! Hehe.. We had a late lunch at Chilli’s. I had all the waiters sing a birthday song to him! He’s sssoooo cute trying to like all the attention he’s getting (from the waiters)! Hahaha! Thanks Chilli’s for a warm service!

After our lunch we headed straight home. His parents prepared a birthday bash to celebrate his birthday as “SINGLE” for the last time. I don’t mind sharing him with his clan for I know that I will have him for the rest of my life! All in all, we both had a great day! I even felt it was a weekend!

To those who might not know, we are not just celebrating my love’s birthday! But we are also celebrating the first anniversary of the first day we first met. Last year, I can still remember the nervousness I felt the whole day before meeting him personally! If not for my work load, I may have bugged my officemates the entire day to release tension. Anyhow, I’m grateful for that special day. As much as I am grateful to God for bringing you to life..and into my life!

Happy birthday sweetheart love! I love you so much!

No comments: