Wednesday, June 6, 2007

On a Positive Note

I was looking forward to a bright, wonderful day when I woke up this morning for today is special to both of us. I thought I’d spend the day working in a breeze. Until after an hour of working I got a phone call from a colleague asking me to come down to our lobby. The caller would not tell me why. At that point, I’m not sure if I’ll bring a paper and pen figuring that it might be an emergency meeting. The thought of having a visitor crossed my mind as well but I was hesitant for I wasn’t expecting anybody. So I asked once again for I don’t want to come down unprepared. Then he blew it to me! “Mam, may aberya po sa sasakyan nyo..naatrasan ko po.” I’m not a violent person and all I could utter was “Bakit mo naman inatrasan??” So I went downstairs to look at the damage. I thought the dent would be just a minor dimple or scratch. Apparently, it was more than that. Just refer to the picture.



Good thing the lights were spared. I was calm all through out the process for at least the person who caused it reported it to me, and that I was lucky enough that he is from my company as well. As long as the person is apologetic, for me he is forgiven. Now, it was our security personnel who are taking care of the requirements that my insurance company would need. Our agent from Toyota advised me to have our insurance cover the damage on our car and have the other party pay for our participation fee instead. That way, repair would be faster.
All I can say is that unfortunate events happen to all people anytime, anywhere. Mine just happened to be today. My philosophy in life is to always look on the bright side of life. I’m just thankful that it happened without me or any passengers inside. I’m thankful that the damage was only done to the car. I’m thankful that nobody was hurt when it happened.

I’m still disturbed with what happened to the car. It even distracts me from my work till now. Kaya lang, talagang accidents happen. Nevertheless, I won’t let it ruin my day!

1 comment:

Jayr n Anne said...

Accidents most of the time happens in a way we really least expect them. Imagine your car being bumped by your co-league while it was safely parked in your office building..

But looking on the positive side, there's still lot of things to be grateful for, like no one was hurt, the vehicle was not severely damaged and others. Still God is good, and He is good all the time! As the old saying goes.. "The show must go on!" Happy Monthsary!